This page is for residents of The Village to provide local information on Covid-19 in our community. We hope you find it useful and welcome suggestions and updates.
Government of Canada
- Covid-19 and the on Canadian current situation, includes health tips, economic supports, travel, and safety.
Ontario Provincial Government
- Info for residents, students, workers, businesses, plus self-assessment tool
- Services impacted by the Covid-19 outbreak including Long Term Care centres, Garbage collection and Public Health services
- Disruption of Services
Ontario Provincial Police
Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake
- The town has set up several web pages with local Covid-19 info
- scroll down this page for related town news releases
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Section 5 of this document details the Grocery and Drug stores open and the delivery and pick up services offered
- Community Assistance Services
NOTL Bus Service
- Community Transportation Group (located in Virgil) is providing free delivery service to all residents in NOTL starting Monday, April 13.
- Call 905-468-4132
Wondering where you can…
- order some take out,
- get some groceries,
- get your car serviced,
- get your computer tuned,
- pick up a case of wine?
In The Village – We’re Here to Help Residents
How the VCA can help you
|Task||What to do||Who can help|
|Groceries||Make your list as specific as possible||Your neighbour or Mona Babin @ firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Medications and Prescriptions||Order from your pharmacy||Several pharmacies will deliver. If they don’t, ask them if someone else can pick up and contact Mona Babin @ email@example.com|
|Take-out||Place your order by phone and pay by credit card. They can also sell you beer or full bottles of wine||Your neighbour or Mona Babin @ firstname.lastname@example.org will pick up your order for you|
|Wine or Beer||Place your order with any local winery or brewery and pay by credit card||Most local businesses will deliver. If not, ask a neighbour or Mona Babin @ email@example.com|
|Pick up your mail||Provide us with your key and we will drop off the key and your mail||Your neighbour or Contact Mona Babin @ firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|Walk your pet||Make sure you have a safe leash and ‘poop’ bags||Your neighbour or Mona Babin @ email@example.com|
Shopping Safely in the Covid-19 Environment
If you have any other suggestions of resources we can include on this page please let us know.
Sue Henry, Communications Officer, Village Community Association